Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First leg of the journey!

Our first stop on the super awesome vacation was Texas State Aquarium in Corpus.
Here's T. and dad checking out his fave animal - seemed a little too close for comfort.
piranha - I had never seen one before.


This is a gigantic open tank of "shovel head sharks" and various fish. Perfect level for the kiddos. It was hard to pry them away from this exhibit.



Layla was petting these large stingrays. T. wanted no part of that.



Brownsville, Tx. I had to take my children to the resaca I used to frequent at their age. They weren't too impressed, strangely enough.
We drove them all around Brownsville showing them where I learned to ride my bike, learned to roller skate, went to school, etc... They could care less. UNTIL we hit my fave zoo - Gladys Porter Zoo!!




1 comment:

iMother2.0 said...

ok. Micah is super cool in his tie-dye! those shots are AWESOME!!!! yeah, resacas are boring, but LOVE LOVEs me some Gladys Porter Zoo!