Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gladys Porter Zoo

My favorite place as a kid. The Gladys Porter Zoo!
First time to see hippos!

I have a picture of me at the same age sitting in this exact spot.

T. hanging with the tigers.

My kiddos feeding the very birds that terrorize and dive bomb me. I was screaming and dodging their attacks the entire time I was in the aviary cage.


T. had the most fun chasing the peacocks around!




My fave animal as a child. I thought the colored hineys were hilarious.





1 comment:

iMother2.0 said...

What awesome shots! GP Zoo was were I got bit by an ostrich when I was about T's age...ahhhh the memories.
I wonder if those are the same two hippos I feel in love with...pigmy hippos? right?
Yes, baboon butts still make me giggles :)
Thanks for the tour down memory lane!
GREAT shots!!! LOVE that you got one of L like the one you have. AWESOME!