Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Road Trip: GA

We woke up at Grandma's, having packed up the night before, and decided that spending our last 5 days in Tx. wouldn't be nearly as fun as visiting our brothers in Georgia. So we gave them a call and hit the road. It was a looong 15 hours in the car. My brother-in-law lives in a gorgeous resort community nestled in the North Georgia mountains.The kids and I were so excited to visit with my sweet nephew and meet the newest addition to their family.









Aren't they the cutest?!




Reid was a little overwhelmed with Layla's enthusiasm. He did warm up quickly, however.


They had an absolute ball hiking, playing in the streams, and chasing rainbows!




Layla and Reid danced their way into 2009!








The tots stayed up for the entire celebration, complete with a sparkling grape juice toast, a little smooch and fireworks. No pics of the fireworks because is was 10 deg outside. bbbrrr..
We had an incredible time and were so happy to be ringing in the New Year with our family!












4 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

What fun! Those are two cuties all right! LOVE the first shot of the trees...beautiful :)

iMother2.0 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
iMother2.0 said...

ooops. I'm doing this all wrong.

I wanted to p.s. that I could NOT imaging the 15hr car ride...and then back home again!

anja said...

what a fun trip this looks like. I love Layla hugging her little cousin.