Monday, February 16, 2009

Road Trip: Last Stop

Last stop on our road trip! My brother's house. We had an incredible time visiting with the three of them. Layla and her sweet cousin always have too much fun together. matching nightgowns, of course

goofs My sister in law.


My niece is always on the go... climbing, running, laughing, crashing, etc... Her enthusiasm for life is infectious. I love every minute I get to spend with her.

She does, however, need to be rescued from time to time.

My brother is as associate pastor at a gorgeous and historic church in Ga. "The origin of the church is 1750 and was established under the jurisdiction of the Church of England", so says the plaque outside. They took us for a tour.

Woodrow Wilson's father was a pastor here!


Tots in the pulpit.


Looking down from the balcony. Awful photo, but you get the picture.

My brother in his office. I'm so proud of him.
I love my brother with every ounce of me. He has saved me from myself countless times. Without fail, he picks me up, dusts me off and points me in the right direction. Whether I head in that direction or not is another story. Regardless, he is there for me offering a sympathetic ear, encouraging words of wisdom and unconditional love. He has always been the stern yet gentle voice of reason in my crazy life. Thanks for never giving up on me!
Love you, brother!









4 comments:

jw said...

see.. my bro can't fake a smile either. It's in our DNA.

Stephanie said...

Great photos, JW!! I love your tribute to your brother...very sweet.

iMother2.0 said...

Your niece is hilarious...and SIL, too :) LOVED all your photos...especially the tots in the pulpit!
Thanks for sharing your family...and your Bro with us :) Hope to meet them sometime.

It's is nice to have someone in your corner...no matter what.

Melissa said...

What great pics of your funny fam. And I love the shots of and the story of the church. What an honor to be connected with such a historic place. Thanks!