Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tea Party

Layla has been desperately wanting to have a tea party. So we did. We made little finger sandwiches, got the tea cups out and invited some O'mama friends over to join us! I brewed up some peppermint tea, thinking the kids would really love it. Umm... not so much. The little sweetie above, in the blue dress, kept saying ewww yucky! Miss A. was having no part of this peppermint tea!
Notice the ring on Layla's hand. This was a gift from her best boy friend, R. He is forever giving Layla little gifts - usually flowers, notes or pictures. However, on this day, he brought his A game and broke out the jewelry! She was thrilled, of course! R. kept saying, "Do you like it? Did I make you happy? Layla, are you happy?" What an adorable little man! She was playing all coy and batting her eyelashes. It was the cutest little exchange I ever did see.

T. wasn't a fan of the tea either and had to switch to water.


Layla was snapping lots of pics to "put on her blog". I'm sure she got much better shots than I did. I'm blaming it on the bad light. Anyway, the kids had a big time having tea and playing with their friends.




4 comments:

Jill said...

We had a tea party once and served blueberry tea. That wasn't a hit with the kids either, but the moms liked it! :-)

Sara Ballard said...

SO sad I missed the tea party! Still missin' ya mama!

Stephanie said...

The tea party was so fun! R. kept talking about how happy he made Layla with the ring. Thanks for picking up my little guy when he got run over.

iMother2.0 said...

I HATE that we had to miss all the fun! Looks like it was a blast!
Love ya!